When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect but what actually happened is that I have a diary of what's been going on in my life since I started it. It also gives me a chance to share some of the many pictures I take on a daily basis. This is for me but if you enjoy it then all the better.

www.flickr.com

Sunday 17 August 2008

Swindon Pride


I found Elvis! [Enlarge]
Swindon held it’s first Pride festival this year and it was just down the road from me in the Town Gardens. We popped in for a look earlier in the day and then went back later to see some of the acts. The highlight for me was seeing Elvis and when he started singing Moody Blue, it reminded me of pestering my parents to buy me a couple of Elvis singles when I was a kid. Elvis was dead by then but one of the brothers of a friend was a big fan. His passion for Elvis made me want them and they ended up being my first ever single purchases. My Dad had to help me order them from WH Smiths, it’s strange how some memories are so vivid, I can even remember where I was standing in the store asking the assistant for the records. It must have been odd for the assistant being asked for Elvis by a 10 year old or so.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin