When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect but what actually happened is that I have a diary of what's been going on in my life since I started it. It also gives me a chance to share some of the many pictures I take on a daily basis. This is for me but if you enjoy it then all the better.

www.flickr.com

Saturday 23 August 2008

The Fairfield Horseshoe


On the Way [Enlarge]
What a beautiful day, had a fantastic walk in some of the most spectacular scenery in the Lake District. The Fairfield Horseshoe is a 10.5 mile, 6.5 hours walk that at its highest point is 2863 feet with an ascent of 3150 feet. The start and finish is from Ambleside which is near Windermere and also Rydal water. We found the walk in the “Fifteen Walks from Ambleside and Grasmere” by Paul Buttle.


At the Top [Enlarge & More]
The Brewery arts centre in Kendal had a band on during the day called the Picasso Brothers. It was another lovely day so they drew a big crowd to hear the usual fare of covers, the best of which was Hotel California by the Eagles. Today the Olympic athletes are home from Beijing to another dreary day at Heathrow and it’s no better here in Kendal. Went for a drive to Coniston lake to take some pictures but it was raining and unspectacular today. We ended up having something to eat in Coniston and then coming back.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin