When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect but what actually happened is that I have a diary of what's been going on in my life since I started it. It also gives me a chance to share some of the many pictures I take on a daily basis. This is for me but if you enjoy it then all the better.

www.flickr.com

Friday 29 August 2008

Scarborough


Scarborough [Enlarge & More]
We drove to Scarborough about 10 miles away and spent a few hours there. We parked at North Beach and walked over to the main town along the seafront. I had overheard an old couple talking in Whitby that Scarborough had “held it’s own and Whitby had taken a downward turn”. I’m not sure there was much in it, I liked Whitby as it is small and had a charm of it’s own and you can see the modernisation in Scarborough. I think they are both worth a visit.


Ravenscar [Enlarge & More]
On our return to Whitby we took a detour to Ravenscar to have a look, it had a stunning view of Robin Hood’s Bay so if you are not going to walk any of the costal path then this is a great “cheat” to get a stunning view of the bay.


Morris Dancers [Enlarge & More]
It was a glorious evening it felt like someone had brushed everything with a pink wash as the sun was setting. On our way to get something to eat we randomly came across some Morris Dancers! Not sure if it is a regular thing but it had most people intrigued. We ate at the Bramblewick, gorgeous food so a definite recommendation if you make it to the bay.


Great trip and a good source of information about Robin Hood's Bay is the Local Community Site.


York Minster [Enlarge & More]
On the way back to Swindon we went via York. We only spent a couple of hours wandering around and I felt like I wanted to spend more time there. I’ve been before when I was at Uni and it felt like it had changed. Mainly it’s got bigger, I think there are more shops and I don’t remember the York Minster
being so imposing.


In summary:

770 Miles by car
£186 Accomodation in Robin Hood's Bay
£100 Petrol
£200 Food


The Route:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin