When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect but what actually happened is that I have a diary of what's been going on in my life since I started it. It also gives me a chance to share some of the many pictures I take on a daily basis. This is for me but if you enjoy it then all the better.

www.flickr.com

Sunday 10 August 2008

Bishopstone Circular Walk



The Start [Enlarge]
Today we braved the weather and went for a 6 mile circular walk to from Bishopstone taking in some of The Ridgeway. We got the walk from “Pub Walks Along The Ridgeway” by Charles Whynee Hammond. The book goes into a lot of detail but we managed to follow the directions without getting lost. We parked in The Royal Oak car park. Bishopstone itself is a lovely Village set around a village ponds. The walk started along the road before heading up to the Ridgeway, it was pretty straight forward with nothing too strenuous.


On The Way Up [Enlarge]
The worst of the walk was wading through waste high stinging nettles only to realise at the other end that we could have taken the easier bridle way which was just the other side of the barbed wire keeping us in. The view from the Ridgeway was very dramatic today as there was loads of clouds cover with the sun peaking through every so often. Apart form the smelly pig farms the walk was nice and relaxing. I’m not a big fan of pigs and their sties stink .



On The Ridgeway [Enlarge]


Crayfish Lunch [Enlarge]
Two hours later we were back at the start and I enjoyed a lunch of whole Crayfish at the pub. It was a little messy cracking into them but worth it as they tasted divine.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin