When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect but what actually happened is that I have a diary of what's been going on in my life since I started it. It also gives me a chance to share some of the many pictures I take on a daily basis. This is for me but if you enjoy it then all the better.

www.flickr.com

Saturday 31 January 2009

The Ridgeway - Sparsholt


Snow Drops [Enlarge & More]
A circular walk starting from Sparsholt a quiet village in Oxfordshire. I have to say on first impressions it's not an inviting place, mostly due to the feeling like being a foreigner in your own country. The suspicious looks by the 'locals' made me feel uncomfortable. Not everyone was the same however, enough looks to make me feel unwelcome.  On the way up I saw our first blooms of the year, some snow drops peeking out from the strewn leaves.


At the top [Enlarge & More]
The walk goes through the sleepy village of Kingston Lisle which is full of quaint cottages. At this point the path becomes a steep climb onto The Ridgeway. It was not the most inspiring of days , very overcast and cold.


The Muddy Ridgeway [Enlarge & More]
The path most of the way round was very muddy and I have to say the least interesting of all the Ridgeway walks we have done. It's about six mikes and I'd recommend it if you live close by but don't bother if you have to come any distance.  One of the main reasons for getting out today was to take some pictures and practice what I've been learning on my photography course. It's the first time I've taken any pictures on the manual setting on my camera. I've resigned myself that the pictures are going to get worse before they get better again!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin