When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect but what actually happened is that I have a diary of what's been going on in my life since I started it. It also gives me a chance to share some of the many pictures I take on a daily basis. This is for me but if you enjoy it then all the better.

www.flickr.com

Sunday 19 April 2009

Rehearsals, Beach and a Dog


The Happy Couple [Enlarge & More]
It was the dress rehearsal for my friend's wedding this weekend. He's getting married in Pagham near Portsmouth at a lovely little church on the south coast.  The rehearsal went fine, my job as best man seems to be to make sure  I pass the rings over at the right time and that the groom makes it to the church on time.



Pagham Beach [Enlarge & More]
After the rehearsal we went for a long walk along the beach and Pagham harbour. It turned out to be a lovely sunny day with only a little nip in the air. The beach is long and full of pebbles and was pretty quiet, only a few fishermen, a couple of windsurfers and several people walking their dogs.

The venue for the wedding is Pagham as it's where my friend's Dad retired. They liked the church there and there is some antiquated rule about living in the parish you get married in so it was a choice of his hometown parish or Pagham. His dad has a golden labrador to keep him company, which we took  on the walk and I think he enjoyed it more than we did. He's a little on the large side what with all the treats he gets, so definately needs the exercise.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin