When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect but what actually happened is that I have a diary of what's been going on in my life since I started it. It also gives me a chance to share some of the many pictures I take on a daily basis. This is for me but if you enjoy it then all the better.

www.flickr.com

Monday 13 April 2009

Cirular Walk, Castle Combe to Ford


This Way[Enlarge & More]
Stardust was filmed in Castle Combe which is a quaint village about 20 mins outside of Swindon. There is a lovely circular walk that starts in Castle Combe and goes through Ford.


It's a pretty easy walk with a couple of steepish bits, nothing most people can't handle. I've been on this walk before, it's charming with lovely idyllic views and the bonus is that a lot of it is along the river Brybrook.


Tree Roots[Enlarge & More]
The most interesting sight along the way this time was an upturned tree, I'm not sure where it came from as the path it was next to was tiny - maybe it slid down the slope?


River Brybrook [Enlarge & More]
At the end of the walk you get a chance to wander through Castle Combe. If you catch it early or late in the day you will be rewared with quiet streets. This will give you a chance to immerse yourself into its history which dates back to the 12th Century without all the crowds.


For more details of the walk and a map click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin